Posted 25 June 2012
Introducing new IBM PowerLinux solutions and servers
IBM announces new IBM PowerLinux solutions and servers to accelerate market momentum and drive significant new growth.
On 24 April, IBM introduced IBM PowerLinux solutions and servers optimized to deliver new services faster, with higher quality and superior economics. Built on industry-standard Linux, open source, and IBM software, PowerLinux is a natural fit for smarter computing. These new offerings will help drive higher client satisfaction and require less support enabling you to spend more time selling and less time solving problems.
PowerLinux servers are built on world-class POWER7 systems, value-priced and designed to go head-to-head with x86 servers on cost while delivering greater performance, higher utilization, and superior availability.
PowerLinux solutions are optimized to deliver high value Linux services and are specifically designed to bring the capabilities of POWER7 technology to customers of our competitors x86 systems. These capabilities include performance that outruns Intel's Xeon processor, dependability that measurably exceeds that offered by Windows, and optimized PowerVM virtualization that offers higher workload density than VMware.
IBM is committed to Linux and to date has invested more than a billion dollars into the Linux movement. Since 2000, Linux had held a strategically significant position within the IBM systems portfolio. IBM is traditionally among the top commercial contributors of Linux code, with more than 600 IBMers involved in more than 100 open source projects.
- Listen to the replay of the Power Systems 2Q Announcement Overview Webcast. Join Scott Handy, IBM PowerLinux Strategy and Business Development and other Power Systems experts to learn the details of the April Power Systems announcements including new PowerLinux systems, software and I/O announcements.
- Listen to the replay of the PowerLinux Technical Resources. Join Jeff Scheel, IBM Linux Architect and other IBM PowerLinux experts to learn how introducing IBM PowerLinux solutions to your client's just got easier and more relevant.
- Learn more about the new PowerLinux solutions by listening to past PowerLinux webcasts.
- Learn more, sell more by using the IBM Business Partner PowerLinux Sales Kit.
- Visit the IBM PartnerWorld PowerLinux page for the latest information.
- See what your clients are learning about PowerLinux.
If you're looking to help your clients reduce cost with solutions that are more powerful than x86 Linux, more scalable than VMware, and more reliable than Windows, IBM PowerLinux offerings are the way to go.
If you would like to have more information or you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us: +32 2 663 49 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arrow ECS - IBM Power systems - team